20+ year of experience in developing products in Startups, consultancies, and have worked on the Education sector. Have developed products for the Medical, Healthcare, Consumer, Consumer Electronics, FMCG and Industrial sectors. Experienced working independently and managed multidisciplinary teams, including Electronics and Software Engineering. Have led Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering and Human Factors / Usability projects. Experienced project manager with track record of delivering products in tight timescales and budgets to a high standard.
Summary of experience and career.
- 2003- Graduated with merits as an Industrial Designer from the National University of Mexico (UNAM)
- 2003-2004 – Developed and manufactured museum’s interactive equipment, office furniture, TV sets and exhibition displays. Amate Diseño
- 2002-2004 – Designed injection moulding products for FMCG sector in Mexico. AD+
- 2004-2005 - Gained a Master’s degree (MPhil) in Industrial Systems, Manufacturing and Management from the University of Cambridge (UK).
- 2005-2008 – Developed household fridge-freezer and refrigerated retail cabinets for a refrigeration technology start-up in the UK (Adande refrigeration)
- 2008-2009 – Developed, manufactured and commercialized own brand of products (accessories for mobiles and MP3 players)
- 2009-2010 – Worked with over 20 clients as contractor and freelance design engineer/ product designer to develop injection moulding household and commercial products
- 2010-2016 – Lead design and engineering teams at a Design Consultancy in Cambridge (Cambridge Design Partnership) to develop consumer, medical and FMCG products
- 2017- 2019 – Lead product development teams in another Engineering Consultancy (Team Consultanting) to develop drug delivery, surgical and medical diagnostics products
- 2020-Present – Lead NPI and Mechanical Engineering activities for consumer electronics products making electronic music products with a worldwide network of suppliers, OEM and CM (Contract Manufacturers) ROLI